Choice Level Term Plus
An excellent replacement for VGLI that could save you tens of thousands of dollars in premiums! This plan provides you with affordable level coverage - at rates that you can lock in - at a fraction of the cost of VGLI! This coverage is available to all current ASMBA members as well as active-duty members of the Armed Forces, National Guard, Reserve (including IRR), or military retirees under age 65. Members of the Uniformed Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (UPHS), National Oceanic Atmosphere Administration (NOAA), Merchant Marines, cadets or midshipmen at the U.S. service academies, in advanced ROTC, on ROTC scholarship, and all officer candidates within 24 months of commissioning through other programs may also apply.
* A current (less than 12 months old) medical exam is required on all applicants and spouses for this plan. Medical exams must include labwork (blood profile, including HIV results, and urinalysis). An EKG result is also required for all persons age 50 and above. Additional medical information may be required based on condition of health of the applicant/spouse.
Choice Level Term Plus:
- Allows you greater flexibility to choose coverage that suits your family's needs - from $300,000 to $500,000
- You can also cover your spouse at competitive monthly rates - regardless of your coverage.
- Pays a $5,000 lump sum emergency death benefit to your beneficiary - usually within 24 hours of notification and verification
- Guarantees fixed-rate, level coverage up to age 80 depending on term selected - 10, 20 or 30 years
You can expedite the approval process by completing your application online and signing via our secure Signix e-signature process.
To view rates please click here.
You can also download a brochure. Please note that unsigned, mailed applications will take longer for approval.